Nicoya is a business-accelerating consultancy and investment company focused on food tech and strategic insight consultancy, relentlessly driven by creating meaningful impact for people, planet & health. Our current portfolio consists of six high-potential food tech companies, all with a do-good proposition at their core, delivering on key consumer trends e.g.,plant-based, clean label and no added sugar.
Nicoya’s consultancy is the leading strategic company within market and consumer research with proven track-record cross industries and countries. We are now starting a journey of digitalization, developing a new cut-end insight and research platform. The platform will disrupt the traditional way of how research is done, helping companies more effectively identify the next generation food solutions. This is where you come in as developer and product owner, which will be the very corner stone of our business.
We look for someone who is comfortable with both front and back-end programming. You will lead conceptualization and development –from idea to finalized product. You will handle the design, architecture, development, code review, and testing of key applications in the following areas: Analytic Dashboard & Reporting, client facing applications and proof of concept prototypes.
• Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
• Design user interactions
• Work alongside graphic designers for web design features
• Develop back end website applications
• Create servers and databases for functionality
• Design and develop APIs
• Bridge between technical and consumer needs
• Create security and data protection settings
• Proficiency of leading and executing front and back-end development
• Strong sense of ownership with organizational and project management skills
• Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net
• Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB
• Fluent in English• Good problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude
• Strong attention to detail
• Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or relevant field